I’ve only recently started to get to know Jeremiah Owyang and his blog, something to do with the fact that he works at PodTech and I’ve just started blogging there.Â Regardless Jeremiah has posted 10 (and I’d say killer) strategies for social media for the Fortune 1000 set.
1) Social Media is about people.
2) Communities are the goal, conversations are the verb.
3) Let go to gain more.
4) Measurement will be important.
5) Organize internally.
6) Risk of the unknown.
7) Social Media goes deep in the organization.
8) Social Media goes wide in the organization.
9) Social Media spans time.
10) Social Media is not magic nor voodoo.
I expect to see a lot more of this in 2007.