- New York Times
- Josh Hallett – hyku
- Seth Godin
- Steve Rubel – Micropersuasion
- Patsi Krakoff and Denise Wakeman – Next Level Biz Tips
- Danny Sullivan – Search Engine Watch
- Fast Company
- Lee Odden – Top Rank Results
- Marketing Sherpa
- Darren Rowse – Problogger
- Hugh Mac Leod – Gaping Void
- Jeff Jarvis – Buzz Machine
- Ben McConnel and Jackie Huba – Church of the Customer
- Mitch Joel – Twist Image
- Steve Hall – Adrants
The analysis focuses on influence and popularity showing that the most popular authorities are not necessarily the most influential. Popularity was measured by the number of referrers and influence was measure by the authority of the referrers.
Limiting the measure of popularity to link referrers seems a bit simplistic. Traffic would appear to be a logical factor as well.
In the previous analysis on the most influential authorities on “business blogs” (full report pdf), Business Blog Consulting was listed as the fourth most influential sandwiched between BusinessWeek and CNN.